Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quick update...hiatus and good news!!

Sorry for the recent hiatus, I promise I will be back in action later next month.  It's been a chaotic past few months (trips, weddings, interviews, and more) and I have some great news to share.

I will be moving to New York City the beginning of November to start my new job as a reference and instruction librarian at Columbia University Medical Center!  So I just decided on an apartment after spending a crazy 36-hours in the city, and I am currently in the midst of packing and will be relocating in 2 weeks.  I am excited to begin this new chapter in my life, and I have some great ideas forming for the large donor conception community in the Greater NYC area!

In other news...this coming Thursday (10/20) at 1pm EDT, I will be featured on a live chat with PBS for the upcoming premier of their new independent documentary "Donor Unknown" along with Eric Schwartzman (DI Dad) and the producer of the film, Jerry Rothwell.  Hope many of you are able to listen in and participate!  I am looking forward to see the film and how it compares to many of the other films that have discussed donor conception in the past year.

Tune-in here to participate in the chat!!!

I also have been invited to participate in what will hopefully start the discussion in the USA on regulating the infertility industry.  I can't say much about it now but I was asked to be a moderator for some serious ethical debates on the infertility industry.  This will be a multi-year process and I will update more as I am allowed.  I am honored and thrilled that I have the opportunity to speak on behalf of donor-conceived adults in a forum that will set the stage for what I hope to see as legislative change in regards to the handling and treatment of donated gamete usage in America and beyond.

No comments: