Monday, October 20, 2008

"My So-Called Family"

"My So-Called Family" - a new young adult fiction novel by Courtney Sheinmel, which tells the story of 13 year old Leah Hoffman-Ross. Leah was conceived by Donor 730, and after moving to a new town she hoped to pretend to be 'normal' until an argument with her parents leads her to begin searching for her biological father. What she found was 3 siblings, including one her own age. She secretly contacts her new half-sister Samantha, because her mother doesn't agree with searching and doesn't understand her need to know.


"My So-Called Family" by Courtney Sheinmel - $11.99 hardcover @ Amazon.com


From the reviews it seems like a very well written book and really takes on the issues that we face. I will try to get a copy of it and see for myself what happens, but in the meantime it looks like a good novel for any teenage DC person to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay -- thank you for posting about the book. I hope you enjoy it! I would love to hear your feedback on it. All best to you, Courtney