Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricanes in Ohio and the rest of my crazy week/life


I'M BACK TO THE LAND OF THE LIVING!!!!  Or at least back to the land of those who believe they live in the 21st (or even the 20th) century!  After the aftermath of Hurricane Ike slammed into Northeast Ohio Sunday afternoon I've been without power, only having it restored late last night.  It's amazing that a hurricane that strikes Texas can cause tropical storm strength wind and rain in the Great Lakes!  75 mph wind gusts knocked down trees, power lines, and caused numerous amounts of damage, leaving 90% of my county without power, and 84 of the 88 counties of Ohio under states of emergency......

But anyways, all is well now!!

In other news I've been super busy with graduate school, now 4 weeks into the program.  For those of you who missed it, I am going for my masters in library and information science, planning to specialize in archiving and genealogy.  I actually just found out today from a friend that the main branch of my county library system is desperately seeking help in their genealogy department, which is the 2nd biggest in the state!

Last but not least, EVERYONE MUST WATCH THE TODAY SHOW ON NBC TOMORROW!!!!  My good friend Kathleen is going to be on the show (not sure what time between 7 and 10 EST) talking about anonymous donors and banning donor anonymity.  I will try to get a link or a youtube up as soon as I can for everyone.

Okay, I'm off to bed after 8 hours of class today I'm exhausted!!  I know I've been slacking here but I will be more diligent as soon as I get a routine settled.

No comments: